Recipe contributed by our friends at Tasting Table. A modern twist on the traditionally festive holiday treat!
Matcha Gingerbread Cookies (Makes 1 dozen cookies)
- 3 scoops of PANATEA Ceremonial or Culinary matcha
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground almond flour
- 1/2 cup chestnut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup, plus 1/2 cup, sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup mashed avocado (1/2 medium avocado)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped candied ginger
- Preheat the oven to 375° and line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 teaspoon of matcha, the flours, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, allspice and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat 2/3 cup of sugar with the avocado, olive oil, fresh ginger and vanilla until creamy and smooth ( 2 min).
- Beat the flour mixture into the sugar mixture in 2 additions, stirring in the candied ginger when almost combined. It will be a thick, tacky dough.
- Combine the remaining sugar and matcha on a large plate.
- Divide the dough into 12 even pieces and roll in between your palms, forming a compact dough ball. Press each ball into the matcha sugar and flatten to a ¼-inch-thick disk, coating the bottom and sides with the sugar.
- Place disks onto the prepared baking sheet, sugar-side up, and spaced evenly apart. (Note: The cookies won't spread during baking.)
- Bake, rotating halfway through, for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on the sheet tray for at least 5 minutes, and serve.