Long gone are the days of flying to Japan (or your local Japanese market) for a Pocky fix. Our friend Miss Hangry Pants has developed her own in-home recipe for this famous snack pack!
Matcha Pocky Sticks
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (or 9 oz)
- 3 scoops of PANATEA Ceremonial or Culinary matcha
- Optional Toppings: black sesame seeds, shredded coconut, sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Stir in egg and vanilla on medium. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add water until a smooth dough forms (you may need to add more water if too stiff). Dough should feel malleable (otherwise it will be extremely difficult to pipe).
- Transfer dough into a pastry bag, fitted with a 1/4" tip.
- Pipe onto parchment paper into straight lines, hearts, glasses...whatever you like!
- Bake for 18-20 mins, or until golden brown around the edges. Allow to cool and harden for 5 minutes before transferring onto a rack to cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate.
- Whisk matcha powder into melted chocolate bowl.
- Dip and spread your shaped cookie sticks into the melted chocolate. Scrape off gently any excess chocolate and lay on baking paper.
- Decorate with toppings.
- Let chocolate harden or transfer to the fridge to quicken the process.