Chef Chloe is the face (and culinary genius) behind NYC’s new favorite vegan restaurant: by CHLOE. We never knew vegan food could taste so delicious. Their PANATEA Matcha Muffin and PANATEA Matcha Kelp Noodles are two must-try’s. As is their Quinoa Taco Salad. And their vegan ice creams will melt in your mouth. Lucky for you, we’ve got the inside scoop ;)
Vegan Matcha Blueberry Ice Cream (makes 1 quart)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 3/4 tablespoons agave
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 scoop of PANATEA Ceremonial or Culinary matcha, sifted
- 1 vanilla bean seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan or guar gum
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine blueberries and sugar, until blueberries soften and sugar is dissolved (about 10 minutes).
- Set aside and let cool.
- Combine coconut milk, almond milk, agave, oil, matcha, vanilla bean seeds, salt, and xanthan gum in a blender.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Once chilled, prepare the ice cream base in an ice cream maker, according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- During the last round of churning, add the blueberry mixture.
- Wrap ice cream tightly with plastic and store in freezer.
- Before serving, let sit for 10-15 minutes to thaw before serving.