Miss Hangry Pants has amazed us once again! Creative AND delicious … CAN WE PLEASE HAVE S’MORE???
Matcha Marshmallows S'mores (makes 30-40)
Ingredients: Matcha Marshmallows
- 1 cup water
- 2 packages gelatin (about 4 ½ teaspoons)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons of PANATEA Ceremonial or Culinary matcha
- Powdered sugar
- Corn starch
Ingredients: Graham Crackers
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose
- 1 cup whole wheat
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick frozen butter (cut in tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
Directions: Matcha Marshmallows
- Prepare a large pan by lightly greasing with butter and powdered sugar. Tap out excess powdered sugar from pan.
- Stir 1/2 cup of water with gelatin and allow to bloom (it should be like a clump of jelly fish)
- Meanwhile, heat sugar and the other 1/2 cup of water in a small pot until dissolved. Add the gelatin into the pot and bring to boil while stirring. Once bubbling, take off heat, add salt and stir (it will turn whitish and make sure sides are scraped down as well). Cool to room temp.
- Once cool, add vanilla and pour into a stand mixer (the cooled mix will look translucent and yellow-ish). Beat on high for 6 mins (will magically turn white and fluffy!)
- Add matcha and beat for 2-3 more minutes.
- Dump into prepared pan because the mixture will be sticky and difficult to handle. Smooth out layer as even as you can. Let cool and dry overnight.
- Cut into desired shape: (ex. cut it into squares and circles to the size of crackers). Always wipe your knife or plastic when slicing so it doesn't stick. Toss marshmallows into a half and half mix of matcha and powdered sugar or corn starch. Allow to dry on a rack for a few hours.
Directions: Graham crackers
- Pulse flours, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a food processor just to mix. Add frozen butter and pulse until you can see small pea-sized lumps amongst the dry mix.
- Whisk honey, milk, and vanilla to food processor and pulse until dough comes together. You can take it out and knead the dough so it forms a ball. It will be soft and sticky. Cover with plastic wrap and stick in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Roll out dough on floured surface and roll to slightly thicker than ⅛ inch. Cut into squares of desired size (ex. 1.5x1.5 inch). Place on silicon mat or parchment paper. Prick cut graham squares with a fork. Chill for at least 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 350F and bake chilled crackers for 18-24mins or until nicely browned on the edge. Cool on rack.
Directions: Graham crackers
- Put a marshmallow on top of a graham cracker.
- Add nutella or a piece of chocolate (nutella pictured here).
- Top with another graham cracker.