Tovita Nutrition is a virtual nutrition counseling and concierge service run by registered dietitians Leah Silberman and Molly Rieger. Check out their blog for healthy recipes, the latest topics in nutrition and their recent interview with PANATEA! After experimenting with our new Culinary Grade matcha, Leah & Molly created these breakfast tacos, which are as equally nutritious as they are delicious. GOODBYE guac and salsa...HOLA yogurt, PB and berries ;)
Matcha Breakfast Tacos (4 Tacos)
- 2 bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 tablespoon of PANATEA Ceremonial or Culinary matcha
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon
- Coconut oil or olive oil based cooking spray
Ingredients: Fillings (get creative!)
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond or peanut butter
- 1 cup berries
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- In a blender, mix together all of the taco ingredients until pancake dough-like consistency. The tacos should be a nice bright green color due to the matcha powder.
- Heat skillet with coconut oil or cooking spray and cook 1-3 tacos at a time to avoid breaking. You should be able to make about 8 tacos from the dough.
- Spread either nut butter or Greek yogurt (or both) on the taco, and fill with berries, coconut, chia seeds, or whatever other toppings your heart desires.
- Fold and enjoy like a taco!