We all know that Miss Hangrypants is the queen of matcha desserts. Trust us. This AFF-O-WHAT???-O will blow your mind!
Matcha Coconut Affogato
- 1-2 tablespoon of PANATEA Ceremonial or Culinary matcha
- 2 cans of coconut milk or 1 can of coconut cream (refrigerated overnight)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup of honey (optional: adjust to taste)
- Refrigerated coconut milk overnight.
- Open one side of the can and scoop out ONLY solid portion into a mixing bowl (save leftover coconut water for shakes or just drink it!).
- Whisk coconut milk on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Whisk in vanilla, matcha and condensed milk. If it seems a little liquid-y, it's okay.
- Fill up a pint container and freeze overnight.
- When hard, remove from freezer and allow to thaw outside (just enough to use an ice cream scooper).
- Whisk 3 tablespoons of boiling water and 1 teaspoon of matcha powder in a small bowl.
- Scoop 1/2 cup ice cream into a short glass or small dessert bowl.
- Pour 1 hot matcha shot over ice-cream and serve immediately!