Miss Hangrypants is at it again with her new PANATEA matcha chess shortbread cookies. We’re excited to announce that Miss H herself is now officially our guest contributing recipe blogger. Her recipes are guaranteed to keep you far far away from hangry zone ( hungry + angry).
Matcha Chess Shortbread Cookies (Serves 40-50 cookies)
- 6 scoops of PANATEA Ceremonial or Culinary matcha
- 1 1/4 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- Beat softened butter until light and fluffy. Cream together powdered sugar, yolks and vanilla. Mix flour and salt to the butter mixture until a lumpy dough starts to form. Using your hands, press the lumps and knead until dough is smooth.
- Separate dough into 2 balls. Knead matcha into one ball until it is uniformly green. Separate each ball in half again.
- For each ball, roll/pat into a long cylinder about 12" and then pat to make 4 sides (like a long square). Arrange them on top of each other to make a chessboard and pat lightly together.
- Wrap firmly in seran wrap and pat lightly on a flat surface to make the dough log more square.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 360F. With a sharp knife, cut out 1/4" cookies and lay on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake for 9-12mins or until slightly browning on the edges.
- Let cool for at least 5 minutes.