Is it time for dessert yet?!? These matcha-infused peppermint cups have our mouth watering.
Tina Leigh of Haute Health recently shared this festive and healthy dessert with us. Her blog brings together nourishing recipes and wisdom to inspire others to elevate their wellbeing.
We loved learning that Tina's morning matcha ritual is a sweet occasion for her. She takes her time making matcha the traditional way so she can appreciate the natural earthy tastes and aromas. Given the flavor and health benefits of PANATEA, she's also begun experimenting with infusing it in her recipes....hence this chocolatey goodness!
Matcha-Infused Peppermint Chocolate Cups (Serving Size: 12 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon of PANATEA Ceremonial or Culinary matcha (plus more for dusting)
- 3 tablespoons of cacao butter
- 6 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of coconut butter
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 4 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- 4-5 drops of liquid stevia (to taste)
- Line a 12-mold mini muffin tin with liner papers.
- Using a double boiler, boil water in the bottom pan and then reduce to a steady simmer.
- Add cacao butter, coconut oil and coconut butter to the top pan.
- Whisk until all three ingredients are just melted.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in cacao powder, peppermint oil, honey, stevia, and matcha.
- Carefully pour two tablespoons of the chocolate blend into each muffin tin.
- Transfer to a flat surface in your freezer.
- Let chill for one hour.
- Remove from freezer and dust with matcha powder
- Keep chilled until just before serving!