We all know that matcha and chia seeds are BOTH considered superfoods. So when they're mixed together, something kinda super goes down.
This matcha chia pudding recipe recently posted by @Bringing_Fit therefore caught our eye. Call it breakfast. Call it snack. Call it dessert. It's delicious (and beautiful to serve) either way! Carolee Chanona is the face/brains behind @Bringing_Fit, who inspires thousands of people everyday with her health and fitness focused instagram feed (along with her newly launched Youtube Channel).
Carolee is a wealth of healthy creativity and we can't wait to see how she may use PANATEA next! This recipe in particular is "super" for many reasons though. First of all, it's SO easy. More importantly, chia seeds are known for their omega fatty acids, fiber and protein.
Plus matcha is known for its antioxidants, amino acids and metabolism boosting catechins. So this combination yields a nutrient-dense, yet light, treat. Cha-cha-cha-chia!!!
Matcha Chia Pudding (1 Serving)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop of PANATEA Ceremonial or Culinary matcha
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of organic vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of organic stevia (or your favorite sweetener)
- (Fruits/berries if desired as garnishes)
- Add almond milk, matcha, vanilla and sweetener to a blender
- Blend until fully dissolved
- Pour liquid into separate bowl
- Add chia seeds to liquid and stir
- Seal bowl and refrigerate
- Stir after 1 hour to ensure seeds to do not settle
- Let set for another 3-8 hours (overnight is ideal)
- Top with fruits/berries if desired (strawberries, star fruits and bee pollen are pictured here)