We continue to be inspired by the versatility of matcha green tea.
Our latest inspo comes Miranda Hammer, of The Crunchy Radish, who just raised the bar on all things matcha with her Matcha Brown Rice Pudding recipe! Miranda is a registered dietician, incredible blogger and self-proclaimed "nutrition nerd".
Yup...she had us at hello. When cooking, she always aims for the optimal balance between wellness and fun. Case in point: this scrumptious, healthy and dairy-free rice pudding! Is it time for dessert yet???
To learn more, find her recipe below, and check out The Crunchy Radish for tons of other clean (and beautiful) eats:
Matcha Brown Rice Pudding (3 Servings)
- 1 scoop of PANATEA Ceremonial or Culinary matcha
- 1/4 cup of hot water
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of organic brown rice
- 2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 1 teaspoon of ground clove
- 1/4 cup of organic unsweetened raisins
- Rinse brown rice in a strainer under cold water for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Then stir in brown rice.
- Turn flame down to medium and simmer rice, uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 30 minutes, drain rice and water. Let rice sit in strainer for 10 seconds and then return to the cooking pot (not over a flame) and immediately put a tight fitting lid on the pot.
- Let rice rest and steam for 10 minutes.
- Once rice is cooked, place it in a bowl and set aside.
- Add almond milk, maple syrup, cinnamon stick, star anise, clove and vanilla into the pot.
- Bring to a very low boil, stirring often so the milk does not burn.
- Add the cooked rice and raisins to the hot milk. Stir often.
- Simmer until the milk cooks down and the rice is creamy, about 30 minutes.
- Place in a large bowl or small serving dishes to cool.
- Prepare matcha with 1/4 cup of hot water. Allow to cool.
- Gently fold chilled matcha into cooled rice pudding and allow to sit and absorb for at least 4-6 hours.
- Top with additional powdered cinnamon and a drizzle of maple if desired.
- Enjoy your sweet #matchamoment.