While matcha does not necessarily have to be a replacement for coffee, it definitely is a healthy alternative.
While one serving of matcha contains about half the amount of caffeine of an espresso shot and one third the amount of caffeine of a cup of coffee, it does not have the high levels of caffeine in coffee that promote cortisol production.
With matcha, there is no jitter, no crash. Just a 4-6 hour sense of sustained energy. That said, sometimes it’s just nice to sip on a warm rich latte. When you’re feeling in this mood, we suggest you try our PANATEA matcha latte …
Matcha Latte (1 serving)
- 1 scoop of PANATEA Ceremonial or Culinary matcha
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy work well)
- Sweetener (optional: agave, honey, stevia, sugar, cinnamon)
- Add PANATEA matcha into your bowl or mug of choice
- Press whisk down on matcha several times to break up powder
- Use whisk to mix hot water into matcha, making a green concentrate
- Steam milk separately
- Add steamed milk to matcha concentrate
- Add sweetener to taste, if desired
- Enjoy your #matchamoment