'Tis the season for green, red and sweet holiday cheer! So when our blogger friend, Lina Saber (widely known as BySaber) created these matcha-covered, raspberry -filled energy balls, we couldn't wait to share them with you! These little guys are delicious, rich and nutritious. The perfect energy booster and festive treat ROLLED into one. Literally ;)
Matcha Energy Balls (8 Balls)
- 2 tablespoons of PANATEA Ceremonial Grade matcha
- 1 cup of pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup of almonds
- 1/4 cup of cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup or natural sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon of maca powder (optional)
- 16 crushed raspberries mixed with 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Combine dates, almonds, cacao, syrup and maca (optional) in a blender.
- Blend until a thick dough-like mixture is created (add a tablespoon of water if necessary).
- Roll into 8 balls.
- Slice each ball in half using a knife.
- Use your thumb to make a small indentation in the middle of each half.
- Fill each half with a 1/2 teaspoon of crushed raspberry concoction.
- Press the halves back together and pinch along the seam with your fingers.
- Smooth the seam by gently rolling each ball in your hands.
- Pour your PANATEA matcha powder in a dry bowl and roll each ball into the mixture evenly.
- Place on parchment paper and store in fridge.
- Enjoy at room temperature!