Recipe developed by PANATEA, for the (healthy) Iron Chef in YOU ;) Snag our full #MATCHAEATS Mini Matcha Cookbook for more inspo!
Matcha Pesto Pasta (Makes 4 plates)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of PANATEA Culinary matcha
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces whole wheat spaghetti or linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup Asiago cheese, grated
- Make the pesto: in a food processor, combine the mint, basil, parsley, garlic, matcha, lemon zest and almonds. Pulse until coarsely combined.
- Add the olive oil gradually while the processor is running, and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the pasta: bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to packaging instructions (7-9 minutes).
- While the pasta cooks, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent (5-6 minutes).
- When the pasta is tender, drain and add it to the pan with the onions. Add the pesto and toss well to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer portions onto plates and garnish each with 2-3 tablespoons of Asiago cheese.