Recipe contributed by our friend Food by Mars. A rich and creamy dose of energy!
Coconut Matcha Latte (Makes 1-2 lattes)
- If you have an automatic electric frother, get the milk started now. If you're doing it by hand, set the milk aside as is.
- Scoop matcha into a medium bowl and use a bamboo whisk to break up the powder.
- Heat water (it doesn't need to boil).
- Pour hot water over the powder and vigorously move the whisk in "M" and "W" shapes by hand. Make sure the powder has dissolved completely for a smooth tea.
- Pour the green tea into a serving mug or mugs (split into two as shown, but you could pick a larger mug and serve for one).
- Froth the milk by hand, or use frothed milk from step 1. Once ready, pour the thick coconut milk over top.