Traditional herbal medicine is all about adaptogens, which are thought to lower the production of the “stress hormone” cortisol. High levels of cortisol can lead to anxiety, suppressed immunity, slowed metabolism, and hormone imbalance. No esta bien.
Matcha and adaptogens are the perfect combo for your morning pick-me-up, because both are believed to prevent high cortisol levels. Thankfully, there is not enough caffeine in matcha to promote production and excretion of cortisol (unlike coffee). Plus, the L-theanine in matcha is known to produce a state of calm alertness, reduce anxiety and enhance mood.
Ready to really zen out and de-stress? Try this smoothie bowl with the adaptogen ashwanganda, one of the most powerful herbs in Ayurvedic healing and used since ancient times. We chose ashwanganda, because it’s said to help alleviate fatigue, lack of energy, and difficulty concentrating in particular.
MATCHA SMOOTHIE BOWL w/ ASHWAGANDHA (MAKES 1 BOWL)
- 1 teaspoon of ashwagandha
- 1 scoop of PANATEA Ceremonial or Culinary matcha
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 handful spinach leaves
- Toppings: banana, kiwi, blueberry, granola, lime, coconut flakes, mixed seeds & nuts
- Add frozen banana, almond milk, spinach leaves and matcha to a blender.
- Pulse and blend until smooth.
- Scoop out into a bowl and top with bananas, kiwis, blueberries, coconut flakes, granola, limes and a sprinkle of mixed seeds and nuts.
*Photo Cred: The Healthy Hour